The next book is . . .

Sept - Oct 2010 ----Yvette - Dirt Music by Tim Winton, ISBN 9780330490269

Nov - Dec 2010 ---- Nicole

Jan - Feb 2011 ---- Bean

March - April 2011 ---- Brooke

May - June 2011 ---- Julie

July - August 2011 ---- Nat

Sept - Oct 2011 ---- Gemma

Nov - Dec 2011 ---- Kerrie

Jan - Feb 2012 ----

March - April 2012 ----

May - June 2012 ----


Tim Winton

Tim Winton
ISBN 9780330490269

Tim Winton - Dirt Music

I am looking forward to start reading this book, been meaning to read for while.

Wednesday, 3 January 2007

1st book

Try and finish the book by the 15th Feb people.

14 comments:

Yvette S Lewington said...

How is the reading going?

Anonymous said...

How is the reading going?

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Just started yesterday as I wanted to finish 'Memoirs of a Geisha' first. Currently up to page 20, it kind of reminds me of Lovely Bones so far but my opinion may change as i read on. How is everyone else going?

Anonymous said...

Well I've finished the book. Won't say much as I realise everyone is in the middle of it. Very interesting topic missing people. I haven't read 'lovely bones' but think I would like to read another book related to the topic, because you hear it on the news, but apart from that you can only really imagine how it effects everyone closing involved, including the person who is missing.

Amber said...

Lovely Bones is about a dead girl not a missing girl but this dead girl is stuck in a place where she can see how her family deals with it, so in that way it gives you a picture of how death affects the people who are left behind and the person coming to terms with her own death. You've now got a few weeks til the next book yvette, see if you can borrow Lovely Bones from someone/somewhere.

I'm now up to page 90 and can't put it down (work is getting in the way!).

Any thoughts on the next book?

Anonymous said...

Happy Australia Day peoples! Im nearly finished the book, so perhaps wont comment too much on the storyline yet. Have found it to be a well written and an engaging light read. Not very challenging in literary style or worldly insight, but it's been nice to read something that is purely fictional fantasy. I liked the sound of The Kite Runner as mentioned earlier in emails, although maybe several people have read it already...? Any other suggestions...?

Anonymous said...

Been at Waterstones today. Oh the world of retail sometimes I miss it alot. Thinking about books for us. Kite Runner sounds like a good idea, especially since I have the audio version and so far have only listend to one chapter so far, not sure about these audio tapes. Then there is Kate Grenvilles book - The Secret River. Then there's Nikki Gemmel, no publication date for it yet according to Waterstones which she was one of the three authors for a book titled - Australian Expats: Stories Abroad. Or her new title - Pleasure: An Almanac for the heart. What's everyone else thinking? And hows the first book going for everyone?

Anonymous said...

Thought of another
Title - The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
By - John Boyne
ISBN - 9780552773805

Originally published first as a childs book, now been published with an adult cover.

What others have people been thinking?

Brooke said...

Well I have also finished the book today. I have to say that i did enjoy it, not the sort of book i would normally read, I usually read memoirs, travel books or biographies, but it was nice for a change. Sandy Shortt was an interesting charachter, i think she has a bit OCD going on but she kept it interesting. I am happy it ended the way it did(will leave it at that for now, for those who haven't finished).
Look forward to the next book, i will keep my eyes open for interesting suggestions.

bean said...

i'm glad that everyone is enjoying or has enjoyed the book...hopefully i will get to read it one day. let us pick a book soon so i can go pick it up in seoul next time i'm there :)

Amber said...

I finished it the same day as you Brooke! I couldn't put the book down, was definitely wishing my bus trips to and from work were longer now that I'm in Lane Cove (would you believe it is almost the same distance from putney as it is from lane cove to the city and it only takes 20 mins in peak hour - about 1/3rd of the time). Anyway I thought it was a well written fiction novel with a good psychological twist. Won't say too more until everyone is finished. Funny you should mention that Australian Ex-pats book as it is sitting in my draw at work hanging to be read, so I might pick that up until we decide on the next book.

Anonymous said...

Its the 15th today.

Hope everyone enjoyed the first book, I have to say it has got me to think more about books and have even finished off one which I had started a while ago.

What are we all thinking which book we should read next?

bean said...

i have heard great things about kite runner and i can actually get that in korea!someone has already read it right? we can pick something we all haven't read, but let me know soon so i can look for it next time i'm in seoul...oh and if we want to post we all need the login and password for the blog then we can post things straight onto the site and not have to comment. Happy Lunar New Year!