I recently purchased Sky Burial - couldn't sleep last night so I thought I might pick it up and see if it would help me to sleep. In the end crawled into bed at 4am having read the whole book. Been thinking about the book the whole day and keep thinking it is fiction, however it isn't. Really enjoyed the book, easy read but a very good story.
The next book is . . .
Sept - Oct 2010 ----Yvette - Dirt Music by Tim Winton, ISBN 9780330490269
Nov - Dec 2010 ---- Nicole
Jan - Feb 2011 ---- Bean
March - April 2011 ---- Brooke
May - June 2011 ---- Julie
July - August 2011 ---- Nat
Sept - Oct 2011 ---- Gemma
Nov - Dec 2011 ---- Kerrie
Jan - Feb 2012 ----
March - April 2012 ----
May - June 2012 ----
Nov - Dec 2010 ---- Nicole
Jan - Feb 2011 ---- Bean
March - April 2011 ---- Brooke
May - June 2011 ---- Julie
July - August 2011 ---- Nat
Sept - Oct 2011 ---- Gemma
Nov - Dec 2011 ---- Kerrie
Jan - Feb 2012 ----
March - April 2012 ----
May - June 2012 ----
Tim Winton - Dirt Music
I am looking forward to start reading this book, been meaning to read for while.
Friday, 4 January 2008
I recently purchased Sky Burial - couldn't sleep last night so I thought I might pick it up and see if it would help me to sleep. In the end crawled into bed at 4am having read the whole book. Been thinking about the book the whole day and keep thinking it is fiction, however it isn't. Really enjoyed the book, easy read but a very good story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds great Yvette. I picked up this book in the bookshop the other day, can't wait to read it.
Love to hear what you think about it?
Fantastic Yvette- I'm going to start reading tonight!!! I love being a book nerd with you!!
That was one of the quickest books I have finished. Not only because it was an easy read but it was so unbelievable what people go through...(for love!!) It was fascinating and stirring. How can one woman spend so much of her life searching for one person and never giving up hope? Her transformation into the Tibetian way of life was interesting. It's so far removed from how I know life to be. I had to stop and keep telling myself that this was real and it really happend!! The ending makes me want to contact the author to see if there has been any further update as to what happend to Wen, and what became of her family? I only hope that I have a smidgeon of her determination and courage. Anyone planning on travelling to Tibet to experience such a cultural difference? I don't know that I would have lasted even 1 year living the way Wen did in Tibet searching for someone with no idea where they could be or what had happend to them..... Thanks Yvette for making the recommendation of this book. It does stay with you after you have read it.
I am so happy you read the book Nat. It is just an interesting story.
Post a Comment